Erdoğan: Syrian government responsible for attack launched on Turkey’s soldiers in Syria
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is reported to have claimed that Syrian government is responsible for the attack launched on Turkey’s soldiers in Syria on November 24. In a joint press conference held with Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu yesterday (December 1), Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov had said “The attack was launched by neither Russia nor Syria”.
Three soldiers had lost their lives and seven others were wounded in the attack launched on November 24 during the operation carried out into Al Bab within the scope of Operation Euphrates Shield. The General Staff declared that Turkey’s military troops were bombed by Syrian jets.
Yesterday, Erdoğan convened with Justice and Development Party (AKP) members from Parliament’s specialization commission.
As to his meeting with Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, President Erdoğan said:
“We held three different meetings within one week. They said Russia has nothing to do with the attack launched on Turkish soldiers. The [Syrian] regime had already claimed responsibility. We assess this matter from every angle. Talks and studies are ongoing. We as two countries will act jointly about humanitarian investments in Syria. We will undertake joint projects such as hospitals, schools. Our exchange of ideas in this field in continuing”.